Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ham-ade?

When I was in grade school one of my teacher has this poster with a big picture of a lemon on it. You know the kind. The cheesy ones with the little kitty hanging on a stick that says "hang in there". This one stated "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade". I never understood this as I loved lemons, still do. It seemed obvious to me, you have a tree full of lemons you make lemonade. 'Nuff said.

So, what does this have to do with anything, well not much as it turns out. But, I have this over supply of some of the most gorgeous ham sent to us by Ms. Nancy Newsome of Newsome's Hams, and we are making grilled ham and cheese sandwiches Friday January 16, 2009. Pair this with a bowl of onion soup and you have a pretty tasty little lunch.

Now the rules. We are making HAM and CHEESE sandwiches. Not cheese sandwiches, not ham sandwiches, and not halves. And don't ask. You gotta dive in with both feet here. Come in and get warm! Cheers.

And no, we are not making ham-ade.

No comments: