Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bruschetta


Today is Thursday August 20, 2009. Tomato season is in FULL SWING now. We have some lovely locally grown tomatoes that we have received and today I am making bruschetta.

For those of you that don't know bruscetta is toasted slices of bread. I know, toast, why can't they just call it toast? Because BRUSCHETTA sounds sooo much cooler. Think about it, if I offered you toast with tomato, you'd probably say "thanks, I'm OK, no." But if someone offers you Bruschetta then it's like "hell yes!"

So toasted bread rubbed with a little fresh garlic with some Italian tomato salsa? or Bruschetta pomodoro? Either way we're making it in store to day and with the heat that the weather dudes are predicting, I'd say either way sounds like a pretty tasty lunch or snack. Add a little glass of wine or beer and its a party in your mouth! OK, maybe not a party, but still, good times. . .good times. Cheers.

No comments: