Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wheelin' Walla Walla


For those of you that live outside of Walla Walla, this may or may not be the most exciting thing you read today. For those of you in Walla Walla, just skip ahead a bit. . .
There is, right now, in Walla Walla a car show going on. This is your standard middle aged men with gussied up old cars, so are trying to re-live their glory days, some are just trying. Now please do not misunderstand here. I love cars. I love old cars and I have a very high admiration for anyone who can take an old clunker and turn it into a tricked out hot rod. My father was one of those people. He tried to teach me, but to no avail. Sorry Dad, it wasn't you it was me. My brother, on the other hand followed in my fathers footsteps with cars, he always was kind of a suck up. . .

So what does this have to do with gourmet food and cheese? Nothing. I just wanted to turn my musings into something for you to do on a Saturday afternoon. But now that you mention it, we do have some very good cheese right now. Fresh bread too. We have made a fresh batch of hummus (Beth are you hearing this?), and some tapenade. Now, our tapenade is different than all those other ones you've had. I'd even venture to say the best you'll ever have, at least with wine. To see what I am talking about you're gonna have to come down and get a taste. And please don't ask what's in it, it's an ancient Chinese secret...Cheers.

No comments: