Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year. . .Now bring on the heat!


Many of you may not know this but I like spicy food. Eggs are not breakfast without hot sauce. Tacos, be they west Texas style or traditional al carbon, cannot be truly savored without the appropriate condiment, hot sauce.

So a friend and customer recently brought me a bottle of hot sauce. Not the kind I usually enjoy but one of the fancier, home made type hot sauce in a bottle. Chunky and kinda reddish brown. This usually means over the top, garlicky flavour, with very little heat and an upset tummy later on. Read, disappointment.

So when I opened this bottle, I was instantly amazed at the smoky spicy aromas. Ok, so it smells pretty good, I still have doubts. Well long story short this stuff rocked. REALLY ROCKED. Flavour was complex and deep. Rich and flavourful with a great balance. Mikey likes it. This is THE best bottled sauce of this type I have ever tasted, and believe me I have tasted a lot.

So we are proud to announce that we will soon be receiving our first shipment of Boulder Hot Sauce Company's Smoky Serrano and Harry's Habanero hot sauces. They are making a fresh batch this Friday so it will be shipping to us next week. Samples will be available to those who are brave enough. If you like spice like I do, you'll want to get a bottle of each, one for the kids, one for you. Cheers.

No comments: